Highest Citi Point Accumulation Rate
- Special point accumulation: 4~20% of spending at 5 categories (entertainment, mobile phone, transportation/gas, shopping and education/hospital) accumulated as special points.
- Basic point accumulation: 0.5%~1.5% of spending at all domestic/overseas merchants accumulated as basic points depending on previous month spending. (Accumulation with no cap) Accumulated Citi points have no expiry date.
- Citi points accumulated for retail and EPP spending (Free EPP, discounted amount, Short Term Card Loan(Cash Advance), Long Term Card Loan(LOP), tax payment and other fees including overseas usage fee are not subject to point accumulation)
- Previous month spending includes domestic retail, EPP and overseas retail spending(acquiring basis) during the previous month billing period; Basic and special accumulation rates may vary depending on the previous month spending amount
- Acquiring-based calculation: A card issuer registering card sales ticket from a merchant is referred to as ‘Acquiring’; ‘Acquiring-based calculation’ means previous month spending calculation based on acquiring.
- Mobile recurring payment and gas/transportation spending for which special points are accumulated, gift vouchers, gift card purchasing(charging) amount, Short Term Card Loan(Cash Advance), Long Term Card Loan(LOP), local tax payment, point redemptions, ‘Employment & Industrial Accident Compensation Insurance’, other fees(including overseas usage fee) are not counted in the previous month spending calculation.
- Points are accumulated up to 1% for pharmaceutical businesses. (≠ pharmacies)
Outback Steakhouse/ T.G.I.F/ Seven Springs/ Papa Jones/ Mister Donut/ Bulgogi Brothers/ Beans & Berries/ CGV/ Lotte Cinema/ 63 City/ Seorak Waterpia/ Kyungju Spring Dom
- May not apply to stores located inside department stores and large shopping malls (Outback/ Mister Donut etc.)
- Beans & Berries (Seorak branch, Beans & Berries Next excluded)
- TGIF (Nowon, Jamsil Castle, Ulsan Lotte Mart, Lotte Mart Suji, Daegu Station, Seomyun branches excluded)
- May not apply to gift vouchers(meal/drink vouchers, ticket money etc) and spending at movie theater snack corners
- Online ticket reservations: Points accumulated when reserved via CGV and Lotte Cinema homepages
- Applied to 1 bill per month(First billing statement) only; Basic points accumulated for the remaining bills
- No special point accumulated for fees other than the billing amount and the recurring amount (Contracted amount payment by proxy, monthly payment via branch etc.)
- Phone bills’ refer to mobile phone bills and recurring payments (Bill for hybrid product not included)
- KT phones on resale are not subject to point accumulation
Bus/ Subway/ GS Caltex/ S-Oil/ Hyundai Oilbank (LPG, diesel)
- 5% accumulation until Oct.31, 2012
- Applied to Citibank-registered merchants only
Hyundai/ Shinsegae/ Galleria/ AK Plaza/ Daegu dept stores/ Emart/ Home Plus/ CJ O’Shopping/ Hyundai Home Shopping/ Family Mart/ Interpark/ 11th Street/ Shinsewgae Mall/ Galleria Mall
- Special points accumulated during bargain sale and on groceries (May not apply to gift vouchers and certain leased stores)
- Not applied to internet channels of dept stores, AK Plaza, Emart, Home Plus etc. and non-shopping categories(Culture Centers)
Private Institutes/ Kindergarten/ General Hospitals/ Gowoon Sesang Dermatology
- Citibank-registered merchants only
- Click for General Hospital details
Monthly cap for special accumulation
|Previous month Spending (KRW)
||300M ~ 700M
||700M ~ 1MM
- Special points accumulated for domestic retail, EPP and overseas retail spending over 300M KRW in the previous month during the billing period.
- 10M special points accumulated for each category within the monthly spending point accumulation cap(by spending band); Monthly cap for special accumulation is 30M points. (5 categories: Entertainment, Mobile phone bill, Transportation/Gas, Shopping, Education/Hospitals)
Information on Citi point accumulation
- For each category, there is a cap of 10M special points/month; Monthly special accumulation cap may vary depending on the previous month spending.
- Categories are segmented based on Citibank merchant registration criteria.
- For transactions made within the billing period but whose sales tickets are not acquired by the last day of the billing period and thus not reflected by the time the billing statement is generated on the following day, relevant points will not be accumulated and spending amounts will not be included in the monthly spending calculation, but transferred to the following billing period.
Various & Easy Citi Point Redemption
- Lotte Cinema
- Seorak Waterpia
- Kyongju Spring
- 63 Citi
- If points are insufficient, existing points are deducted first, then the remaining balance will be billed.
- Not redeemable for purchasing dining gift vouchers
- Not redeemable at stores located inside dept stores, hypermarkets
- GS Caltex
- LIG Insurance
- Hyundai Hicar
- Hana Tour
- Red Cap Tour
Redeemable when linked to Hana Tour and Red Cap Tour via Citibank homepage or reserved via Citi Card Hot Line
- Hana Tour: 02-725-8540~1 / http://citibank.hanatour.com
- Red Cap Tour: 02-2001-4672 / http://citicard.redcaptour.com
- Contact relevant offline branch as points may not be redeemable at certain Megastudy offline branches (including subsidiaries)
- Gowoon Sesang
- Kyobo Bookstore
- Bandi & Lunis
- Lina Korea
Gift voucher exchange
- Dept. store
(Shinsegae/ Hyundai/ Galleria/ AK Plaza/ Daegu)
(Emart/ Home Plus)
-Partial payment(Retail+EPP) not allowed when exchanging points for dept store/hypermarket gift vouchers (100% point redemption only)
-Available at gift voucher vending machines located at Shinsegae / Emart stores
-Available at department store/ Home Plus customer desks
-Minimum gift voucher amount: 5M KRW: Home Plus, Galleria, Daegu, Shinsegae, Emart, AK Plaza / 10M KRW: Hyundai
- Ask sales clerk for Citi point redemption upon payment.
- For point redemption via online shopping, click the ‘Citi Point’ button from the payment pop-up window.
- Citi point redemption cannot be combines with other discount offers through mobile membership cards, coupons etc.; Merchant billing discount may not apply to transactions made with Citi point redemption.
- The list of merchants is subject to change.
- Not redeemable at Seorak Waterpia and Kyongju Spring Dom if points are insufficient.
Due amount deduction
- Deduct due amount using Citi points(including annual fee).
- Minimum points required for due amount deduction are 10M points.
Conversion to airline mileage
- Convert Citi points to KAL, Singapore Airlines, Cathay Pacific Airways, Thai Airways, Delta Airlines mileage
- Citi point - Mileage conversation ratio
||Cathay Pacific Airways
|18 Citi pts = 1 mile
||20 Citi pts = 1 mile
Citi Point Mall
- Various items that can best suit customer’s life style such as dept store gift certificates, culture gift vouchers, electronic appliances, beauty products, household goods etc. available at Citi Point Mall.
Citi point donation
- Citi points may be donated to charity (E.g. Habitat)
Information on Citi Rewards Card Services
- Basic and special point accumulation rates for spending over 700M KRW are applied for the 1st month of card acquisition regardless of the spending amount.
- EPP amount is reflected in lump sum on the 1st billing month(sales ticket registration based) for the calculation of previous month spending amount and accumulation cap.
- Local card is not subject to Master Card Titanium services, ICC function and Citi Worldwide Privilege services.
- Merchant category segmentation for special point accumulation, point redemption cap and free EPP offer is based on Citibank’s merchant registration criteria.
- Excessive card issuances may influence customer’s credit rating, credit line etc.
- n accordance with related laws, regulations and internal guidelines, customer information may be stored for a certain period of time after card closing.